How to Stay Safe
Explains various ways to stay safe in the home, and what to do in certain emergencies. Photographs and sidebars further describe more complex issues and concepts.
|Interest Level||Grade 3 - Grade 6|
|Reading Level||Grade 4|
|Publisher||The Child's World, Inc.|
|Number of Pages||32|
|Dimensions||7.5 x 9.5|
|Guided Reading Level||Q|
|ATOS Reading Level||4.3|
|ATOS Interest Level||LG|
|Accelerated Reader® Quiz||71865|
|Accelerated Reader® Points||0.5|
|Features||Educational front/back matter, Glossary of key words, Index, Informative sidebars, Sources for further research, Suggested websites, and Table of contents|
|Online Resources||The Environmental Protection Agency
Safe At Home
The U.S. Fire Administration's Kids Page
- The Birthday Surprise
- What Dangers Are in the Home?
- What Should You Know about Fire?
- How Can You Stay Safe on the Internet?
- What Should You Remember about Strangers?
- What Should You Do in an Emergency?
- Questions and Answers about Home Safety
- Helping a Friend Learn about Home Safety
- Did You Know?
- Learn More about Home Safety
Author: Lucia Raatma
Lucia Raatma received her bachelor's degree in English literature from the University of South Carolina and her master's degree in cinema studies from New York University. She has written a wide range of books for young people. When she is not researching or writing, she enjoys going to movies, practicing yoga, and spending time with her family. She lives in New York.