When your car brakes down, it can be a big problem! But don't worry--a mechanic can have you back on the road in no time. Filled with colorful pictures, this book takes young readers behind the scenes at an auto garage and teaches them about the skilled professionals who help keep our vehicles running. Additional features include a table of contents, informational captions and sidebars, a phonetic glossary, sources for further research, an index, a Think-About-It section, and an introduction to the author.
|Interest Level||Kindergarten - Grade 3|
|Reading Level||Grade 2|
|Genre||Beginning Readers, Nonfiction|
|Publisher||The Child's World, Inc.|
|Number of Pages||24|
|BISACS||JNF038000, JNF000000, JNF011000|
|Dimensions||8 x 9.5|
|Guided Reading Level||M|
|Features||Author/Illustrator biography, Educational front/back matter, Glossary of key words, Index, Informative sidebars, Phonetics, Photo captions, Sources for further research, Suggested websites, and Table of contents|
- Hello! My Name Is Javier
- I Could Be an Auto Mechanic!
- Learn About This Neighborhood Helper!
- Who Can Become an Auto Mechanic?
- Meet an Auto Mechanic!
- Where Can I Learn to Be an Auto Mechanic?
- What Does an Auto Mechanic Need to Do the Job?
- Where Does an Auto Mechanic Work?
- Who Works with Auto Mechanics?
- When Does an Auto MechanicGet to Work on a Race Car?
- I Want to Be an Auto Mechanic!
- Why Dont You Try Being an Auto Mechanic?
- Think About It
- Find Out More
Author: Cecilia Minden
Cecilia Minden, PhD, is the former director of the Language and Literacy Program at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. She is now a reading consultant for school and library publications. She earned her PhD in reading education from the University of Virginia. Cecilia and her husband Dave Cupp live outside Chapel Hill, North Carolina. They enjoy sharing their love of reading with their grandchildren, Chelsea and Qadir.